Are You New to Shoreham Village?
Welcome to Shoreham Village! We hope you get to meet your neighbors soon. Below are a few questions new residents might have.
- All villages in the State of Michigan are located within a township (for us, it’s St. Joseph Charter Township). We are a separate municipality, however,
with our own ordinances and governing body. We were chartered as a home-rule village in 1930; today we have about 950 residents.
- Shoreham residents pay township taxes (due September & February) and village taxes (1 mill due September only).
- Police protection is provided by the St. Joseph Charter Township Police Department, fire protection by the St. Joseph Charter Township Volunteer
- Trash is collected every Tuesday by Best Way Disposal; recycling is collected every other Tuesday. Yard waste is collected every Tuesday, April through November. Best Way provides trash cans & recycling containers. For questions, call 463-3232.
- Shoreham residents enjoy 2 free “large-item” pick-ups a year, May and October.
- Building permits are required for fences, decks, pools, outbuildings, & other home improvements. Call the Building Inspector,
Troy Gano, at 429-7703.
- We have a park for Village residents, located off Wissing Lane, with tennis courts, ball field, picnic area, walking/jogging path, playground and pavilion.
- Snowplowing is provided on all Village roads by our contractor, so we enjoy cleared roads sooner than most! (South Lakeshore Drive is a state highway).
- The Village Hall is located on Brown School Road, just west of Garden Lane. We don’t have regular office hours, as we have no paid staff. Our Village Clerk is usually at the office every Wednesday from 10 am – 2 pm. It is best to call first. The Clerk is also a Notary Public and will be happy to notarize anything for free if you are a resident. Your Village Council meets there at 7:30 PM on the 2nd Wednesday of each month –you’re welcome to attend!
- Shoreham depends heavily on volunteers…to manage the park, oversee public safety matters, road administration, shoreline monitoring, etc. Your help is welcome!
Telephone Numbers You Might Need
|Indiana-Michigan Power (AKA AEP)||1-800-311-6424|
|St. Joseph Schools (Admin Bldg)||269-982-4633|
|St. Joseph School Superintendent||269-926-3100|
|St. Joseph Lincoln Senior Center||269-429-7768|
|St. Joseph Charter Township||269-925-8069|
|St. Joseph Township Public Works||269-429-8113|
|Harding’s (2844 Niles Road)||269-983-4103|
|LaPerla Produce (1231 Pipestone)||269-934-8813|
|Martin’s Supermarket (2121 S. Cleveland)||269-684-2263|
|Meijer (5019 Red Arrow Highway)||269-556-2400|
|Roger’s Foodland (4039 Hollywood Road)||269-429-9961|
|Walgreen’s (1260 Hilltop Road)||269-983-0815|
|Walgreen’s (2485 Glenlord Road)||269-429-7044|
|Best Way Disposal||269-463-3232|